Tuesday, May 17, 2011


Hey folks I am currently in Namche on my way to Lukla tomorrow. The next day I fly to Kathmandu....then home! This is the first chance I have had to update my blog so I just posted the last blog that I wrote in base camp about the second time up the mountain. The third time up Dawa and I reached the summit at 8:30am on the 12th May in very bad conditions. I am too wasted to write about our epic mission at the moment but hope to update back in Kathmandu. Just want everyone to know that we are both safe and have all our fingers and toes!! We are slowly recovering but very tired. So thanks all for your support while I was on the mountain and the full summit story will follow soon!!


  1. Hey Allie, That's Awesome!! Truly inspirational. I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Glad to hear you're on your way home safe and sound.I can't wait to catch up with you again, guiding in the Bluies!

    On another note, your teaching and inspiration is starting to pay off, we're all heading back for our final assessments this weekend with Jeff.
    Take Care and see you round soon:)

  2. We await your summit account but in the meanwhile it was rivetting reading all about your camp preparations, sad to hear of the man with his heart attack,and what a miracle all survived the avalanche.

    Inspiring stuff indeed, congratulations on summit reaching, and I am so pleased to hear all fingers and toes are in place. Dawa sounds just the best guide you could have had with you, and good to hear safety came first.

    Can't wait to see you soon!

  3. Hey Allie!! AWESOME!!! Just fantastic what you've achieved!! Glad you still have all your bits & are safe & sound! It must be an amazing feeling!! Love reading all the updates & look forward to the next one!! Makes life in Melbourne seem a little mundane...!!! Annie

  4. Hi Allie,

    Post the next installment soon, please! Eager to hear how the summit was. I've still got the image of you with your feet in Dawa's arm pits in my mind. What a guy.

    Very sorry about the climber who died. Wondering how you process that while in extreme conditions yourself.. and what kinds of questions you ask yourself. Do you have fears for your own life and questions about priorities? Did that weigh into your decision about using oxygen? It must be very sobering.

    Congratulations on making it! Can't wait for details; checking your blog daily... write soon! :)